Greene County Courthouse
This historic building served the county from its completion in 1888 to the opening of a new courthouse in 1997. The Paragould Chamber of Commerce is currently housed in the Historic Greene County Courthouse. The county is named for Nathaniel Greene, an American General in the Revolutionary War. The city of Paragould was named by combining the names of James W. Paramore, president of the Texas-St. Louis Railroad and Jay Gould, one of the wealthiest men in the 19th century who was also a railroad magnate.