B.J. Palmer was an eccentric man and this is reflected in the house. The wrap-around addition, which he built to entertain guests in 1921, features a variety of interesting elements including lead beveled glass. The first floor also features several thematic rooms including an organ room, log room, and an oriental room. Items from around the world are on display including an Aeolian pipe organ, several ivory chess sets, and several exotic stuffed animals. Palmer also built a courtyard that he called A Little Bit 'O Heaven in which he displayed art and artifacts; a small chapel used for weddings was there as well. People could visit the courtyard but is now closed off to the public and used by students. A large portion of the art collection is now housed in the Putnam Museum.