The original church served as a school, the living quarters for the parish priest, and as the court for the Second Judicial District. The second floor was used as the church space. The building was expanded in 1844 and later in the 1940s. Construction for the new, larger church building began in 1850 and completed three years later. It, too, was expanded—in 1885 and in the late 1940s. A new parish center was added in 2010.