Clio Logo

In the cattle pasture and cornfield to the north of the interpretive sign is the actual location of Camp Rankin and Fort Sedgwick. Unfortunately, no structures remain from the military era. The only indication of the old fort is a commemorative flagpole placed decades ago by the Fort Sedgwick Historical Society. The fort area is located on private land and is not open to the public. Artifacts recovered from the site are on display at the Fort Sedgwick Museum.


  • 1866 military drawing of floor plan and elevations of buildings on Fort Sedgwick. (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • 1866 military drawing of floor plan and elevations of buildings on Fort Sedgwick. (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • 1866 military drawing of floor plan and elevations of buildings on Fort Sedgwick. (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • July 1867 military architectural plans for the bakery, stable, and hospital at Fort Sedgwick (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • July 1867 military architectural plans for the officers' quarters, headquarters, and quartermaster's office at Fort Sedgwick (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • July 1867 military architectural plans for the barracks, kitchen, magazine and guard house at Fort Sedgwick (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • July 1867 military architectural plans for the quartermaster's store houses and saddler's shop at Fort Sedgwick (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • July 1867 military architectural plans for the quartermaster's store houses and saddler's shop at Fort Sedgwick (Courtesy of the Map Division, Archives II, NARA)
  • This is the survey map for Township 11 North, Range 45 West of the 6th Principal Meridian.  The plat was drawn in June 1887 after the military reservation was turned over to the Department of the Interior (Courtesy of BLM GLO).

To be published.