Standing 50 feet tall, the Soldier's Monument commemorates the Scott County soldiers who fought in the Civil War. The granite obelisk is topped by a statue of a Union soldier facing the Mississippi River. It also features four panels with inscriptions, bas reliefs of emblems, and engravings of names of battles in which local soldiers fought. The monument is located on Main Street between Central High School and Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, and is twelve blocks to the north of the John Dillon Memorial. It is a contributing property to the College Square Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The monument was erected in 1881.