Now a Jewish seminary called Yeshiva Ateres Shmuel, the former Beth El Synagogue is a historic Jewish temple built in 1929. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995, it was once the home of a Conservative congregation, which was established around 1920. It is architecturally significant in that it was the first synagogue in the state designed in the Byzantine style. It also features some Romanesque Revival elements including the wide flight of steps leading up to the entrance. Perhaps the most notable feature is the gold dome in the center of the building. The adjoining school addition was constructed in the 1960s.