Clio Logo

The Waldo water tower is a historic elevated steel water tower located in Waldo, Arkansas


The Waldo water tower is a historic elevated steel water tower located in Waldo, Arkansas. It was completed in 1936 by the Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Company in conjunction with the Public Works Administration as part of a project to improve the town's water supply. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2007, as part of a multiple-property listing that included numerous other New Deal-era projects throughout Arkansas. The tower is still in operation as part of the town's water supply system.

The Waldo water tower is located on city property and is not open to the public. The water tower is very easily seen from the streets around the tower. DO NOT TRESPASS.

National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form, United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service