The W.H. Allen House is a historic house, on County Road 40, in rural Columbia County Arkansas. When originally built, this house was a single-story, four-room dogtrot house built in 1873 by Walter Howard Allen, one of the area's first American settlers.
The main block of the house measures 28 feet in depth and 42 feet in width. The house was built from logs hauled to the site from Camden, Arkansas. Mr. Allen's son enlarged the house in 1907 and the house has been altered only a little since then.
Listed on the Nation Register of Historic Places in 1976.
*Fun Fact* County Road 40 was once the main road between Magnolia and El Dorado.