Clio Logo
In 1910, an open-air theater occupied the site at the corner of Raritan Avenue and River Road. Charles J Haines Stock Company presented dramas, comedies, and musical productions. It seated over 1000 and had seats arranged in tiers (costing 10, 20, or 30 cents) in the back with orchestra seats on the ground. In 1914, the theater went bankrupt and was later razed. The organ and secondary fixtures were salvaged for the Star Theater in New Brunswick. The current apartment building was built in the 1960s.