Early commercial buildings
Has served as many different types of businesses since 1913, making this site one of the oldest buildings on Raritan Ave. continuously in use.
Backstory and Context
125 Raritan Avenue housed Vreeland and Herbert’s real estate and insurance business between 1913 and 1921. The building was then replaced by Anton Sprincel’s tailor shop. The building was also shared with a Robert Thomas bicycle repair shop, one of the two locations in town. While he first opened his repair shop at 3 Raritan Avenue (at a property which no longer exists), he also opened a location at 125 Raritan Avenue in 1937. The building now houses Classic Cleaners.