Built in the 1850s by Rufus Ferrand Pelletier, the Pelletier House is the oldest building in Jacksonville, Onslow County. The house was originally built as a one-room dwelling to serve as home and office, with additional rooms being built onto the structure during later years. The house was occupied by Pelletier's daughter Eliza until her death in 1954. The Onslow County Historical Society acquired and maintained the property until 2013. The property is now administered by the Onslow County Museum.