Warth Elementary School
A wooden school building called Warth School was located diagonal from Bangor Cemetery in St. Albans (Kanawha Terrace & Walnut Street). It opened in 1870 on land donated by Judge J. A. Warth. Grades 1 8 attended Warth School if they were fortunate enough to attend school. It was replaced in 1920 with a brick school across the street called Highlawn Elementary. Warth school was demolished around 1920 when it closed. Today a gas station and market is located on the site.
"History of St. Albans", St. Albans Historical Society, Walworth Publishing, 1992.