Built in 1905 by John L. Wall, Zachary’s first depot agent, this house was built on the site of a house that was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1903.Wall sold the house in 1919 to Jesse W. McHugh, a man who owned a mercantile store where the Zachary Fire Department now is. After McHugh and his wife died in 1973, their family donated the property to the city of Zachary. Currently, it is used as a museum where it houses exhibits like Victorian-style furnishings and all the decorative items that were in the house when donated.
McHugh House. Zachary Louisiana. . Accessed January 30, 2019. https://www.cityofzachary.org/visit-zachary/historic-district/mchugh-house.