North Hall, University of Wisconsin
North Hall is the oldest building on the University of Wisconsin campus and was once home to legendary conservationist John Muir. Built as a dormitory in 1851, the building was repurposed as an academic building in 1884 to hould classrooms and faculty offices. North Hall presently hold the Political Science Department.
North Hall became a National Historic Landmark in 1965.