Dolph Camp, Bussey and Peace Halls
Dolph Camp is a two-story brick structure built in 1957 to house the school's music department. Its main entrance is sheltered by a single-story portico supported by six columns. The triangular pediment has an elliptical window. It was extensively
Bussey Hall is a three-story brick structure built in 1949-50 as a girls dormitory, a function it still performs today. It is roughly U-shaped, with a main entrance sheltered by a three-story portico with triangular gable pediment supported by round
Peace Hall is a two-story brick structure built in 1951, originally serving as the university library. It has a hipped roof pierced by round-arch dormers, and a main entrance which is similar to that of Bussey Hall, although it is only two stories in
Backstory and Context
The buildings were listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.
This property is part of a working university.
Please check with the officials at Southern Arkansas University before going.
National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form, United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service