Although no longer serving its original purpose, the Niagara Falls Armory remains an impressive landmark. Designed by state architect Isaac Perry in the Late Victorian style, it was built in 1895 to be the home of the First Battalion, Third Infantry Regiment of the National Guard. Like other armories in New York Perry designed, this armory looks like a fortress. It consists of two corner towers, an administration building, and a drill shed. The southwest tower is three stories tall and is perhaps the most distinctive feature of the building. The armory was designed to resemble a castle on purpose, to inspire patriotism and to remind residents of the authority of the federal government. Specifically, the armory was meant to discourage labor strikes, anti-government protests, and other disruptive activities that were common in this period. As of early 2019, the building appears to be unused and it is not clear what its future status holds. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.