College Hall-University of Pennsylvania
Prior to the completion of College Hall in 1873, the campus of the University of was located near the main business district in the middle of the city of Philadelphia. The building houses the office of the university president and the Department of History, as well as classrooms. It may be fitting that the building houses the history department as this is the oldest building on campus and the cornerstone of the campus historic district. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.