Clio Logo
This 1866 brick building has served numerous purposes over the years. It was first known as the Bethesda Mission Chapel and Sunday School, then became the East Washington Avenue Baptist Church, then Congregation Adath Israel. Under the ownership of Adath Israel, the structure was the earliest Orthodox synagogue in Bridgeport. Since 1997, it has belonged to the Apostolic Worship Center.

  • Currently owned by the Apostolic Worship Center, this structure once housed Congregation Adath Israel.
"Bethesda Mission (1866)." Historic Buildings of Connecticut. Accessed January 07, 2019.

Image credit: Historic Buildings of Connecticut,