Starting as the First Church of Walnut Hills in 1856, the original congregation was made up both Baptists and Methodists who worshiped together until 1863. The Methodist congregation became Brown Chapel, AME, and currently sits at 2804 Alms Pl., 45206.
Rev. Dangerfield Earley, one of Walnut Hills' earliest Black residents who had organized the original congregation, stayed with the Baptists as their minister until his death in 1884. Today's church sits in its fourth location, where it moved in 1903, erecting the current sanctuary in 1908. An active participant in Ohio's Colored Conventions during the 1800s, the church was also known for its stellar musical programming.