This historic school was built in 1870, replacing an earlier structure that was in disrepair. Located next to the modern Nottawa Community School, it was built with fieldstones and features a cupola above the entrance. Originally it had just one room but a second one was added by 1890. The school operated until the 1950s. The school district renovated it in 1967 to use it for a day to recreate a typical school day in the 1870s. It appears that the district still uses the building for this purpose today.