Princess Theatre Building
Opened on December 23, 1913 by W. W. Foster, the Princess Theatre was the first moving picture theatre in Lewisburg and began by showing silent films. It was also reported to have been the site of a basement speakeasy during Prohibition.
Backstory and Context
After the theatre closed in 1942, it has had varied commercial businesses on the ground floor and offices and apartments above. Most recently, it was site of the Irish Pub that closed in 2018.
Shapiro, Kelli and the Preservation Alliance of West Virginia. Historic Movie Theatre Of West Virginia. Charleston, WV: Arcadia Publishing, 2018.