Located in Campbell Park on the west side of Columbus along McKinley Avenue, Shrum Mound was built by Native inhabitants two thousand years ago. The mound stands 20 feet tall with a diameter of 100 feet. According to the Ohio Department of Tourism, the mound is named for the family that donated the land. The mound is located in Campbell Park, named for James E. Campbell who was the governor of Ohio between 1890 and 1892.
Indian Mounds of the Middle Ohio Valley: A Guide to Mounds and Earthworks of the Adena, Hopewell, Cole, and Fort Ancient People-Click the link below for more information about this book