The Standart–Simmons Hardware Company was built in 1906. The 81,000 square-foot warehouse produced hardware and sporting goods and shipped them to six different states. On May 29, 1975, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. After sitting dormant for decades, developers purchased the building in 2007 and renovated it in 2010. The Standart-Simmons Hardware Co. now houses seventy-five apartments known as the Standart Lofts. The renovation preserved the original brick, ceilings, windows, mosaic tiles, and staircase. Changes included a new insulated roof, electrical systems, and heating and cooling systems.