Backstory and Context
Construction of Laird Hall began in 1948 with Architects, Trautwein & Howard, and was completed in 1950. It was originally used for Alumnae offices. Later, Patterson lounge and the ballroom were added, and the building is currently used as a multi-purpose room, board rooms, and for guest lectures. Laird Hall is named after board of trustee member, Dr. John Laird, who was also president of the board and for a short time, acting president of the college.