Admissions Office & Adult Degree Program
Backstory and Context
Colonel Alexander K. McClure’s, a supporter of Abraham Lincoln, original farmhouse was burned by Confederate soldiers in 1864 along with over 500 other buildings in Chambersburg. McClure rebuilt his home in the Second Empire style in 1865. In 1868 he sold the home, called Norland, & adjoining property to Wilson College, which was seeking a location to incorporate and begin instruction.