Mount Hope Municipal Stadium
Designed in 1933 by Mount Hope resident, George Siems, a civil engineer. Construction was accomplished through local fund raising and labor provided by a series of public works employment programs.
Backstory and Context
The Mount Hope Municipal Stadium was designed in 1933 by Mount Hope resident and civil engineer George Siems. The Hatfield Construction Company was contracted to build the facility. For the construction of the stadium to be completed, it was necessary to remove a large amount of stone. The stone would be repused to help build the city's streets. The WPA authorities would oversee the formation of the facility with completion occurring in 1936. The Mount Hope Mustangs would begin playing on this field until the school's consolidation in 2011. Now it is the home of the Mount Hope Youth Football League.