First Church of Christ, Scientist (Lackawanna County Children's Library)
This Neo-Classical building was constructed in 1915 by the First Church of Christ, Scientist congregation, which was founded in 1879. It was one of several large public buildings erected in Scranton between 1880-1930. Like other buildings designed in the Classical style, it features a large portico with several columns. The congregation remained here until 1985 when decreasing membership forced it to sell the building. The county library board bought it and converted it into the Lackawanna County Children's Library.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons