The Wayne Theater opened in 1937; it was operated by Walter Brubaker and the Mott family, who also owned the Lyric Theater (later renamed the Wooster Theater). In 1956, the Wayne Theater closed. The Daily Record newspaper bought it two years later. The Brubaker family then reopened the theater in 1968 as the Lyric II, though it closed again in 1978. It has since been demolished.