Sidewalk Stone #18: St Peter’s Lutheran Parsonage
314 W. Maple This building, now at the corner of Maple & Joliet in West Sturgeon Bay (formerly Maple & Little Sturgeon Road), was built as the St Peter’s Lutheran parsonage in 1896 and enlarged in 1913. In 1929, a cellar was put under the house, and the sunporch was donated. Information taken from History of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church (1891-1966) by Jo Benzow. Maple Street was the only street in the city that retained its old name.
Backstory and Context
This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1
1. Door County Historical Museum. . . http://map.co.door.wi.us/museum/.