Clio Logo

842 Louisiana Street The house at the corner of Louisiana and N. 9th (formerly Dewey & C) was built for the A.W. Lawrence family circa 1902. After their deaths in 1939, the Don Palmer Sr. family lived there, then pharmacist, Bill Berg’s family for 42 years. Mr. Lawrence and Mr. Palmer were both involved in the horticulture and orchard business. Mr. Berg owned Bassett’s Drug Store after Clark Bassett retired.


This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1

1. Door County Historical Museum. . . http://map.co.door.wi.us/museum/.