The former First Church of Christ, Scientist building was constructed in 1920 in the Classical Revival style. Its simple but robust design reflects the Church's emphasis on basic Christian principles. It is further significant for the fact that it is the only example of early 20th-century Christian Science architecture in the city. The church was built during a building boom that saw the city's size increase substantially. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1922. Today, as of early fall 2018, the church is undergoing restoration by an accounting firm, which plans to move in.
The congregation used the building until 1988, at which point it was purchased by a neighboring business. Eleven years later, the Oklahoma City Foundation For Architecture bought it and hoped to raise money to restore and convert it into a civic and arts center. The foundation failed to raise money and sold the building to a speculator in 2007. No progress was made on the building until the current efforts to renovate it.