The Magevney House is one of the oldest remaining homes in Memphis, TN. The structure was built by Irish immigrant and pioneer teacher Eugene Magevney in the mid-1830s. The home is most widely known for its connection to Memphis religious history. The first Catholic mass in Memphis was held at the Magevney House in 1839. A Memphis priest performed the first Catholic marriage ceremony in 1840 and the first Catholic baptism was conducted in the home in 1841.
The home remained in the Magevney family for well over a century before the property was donated to the city of Memphis in 1941. The municipality began operating the home as a house museum and in 1973 the structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The closed between 2005 and 2009 but was reopened by the Pink Palace Museum. The home is now open for tours on the first Saturday of every month from 1:00-4:00 pm.