Jocelyn's Beauty and ComputerX
Backstory and Context
The building home to Jocelyn's Beauty Salon and ComputerX is a double building (332 and 334 Main Street) erected in the 1880s. The structure was presumably built by George Seiler who later built Mozart Hall in 1890. In the years following, the building appeared on the atlas map as a conjoining meat market and residential home. This was confirmed by local Ethel Saxman who in an article stated that George Seiler lived at 336 Main Street, had a meat market at 334, and the "adjoining house (332) was occupied by a small family".
From then on the building became a home for many families and businesses. In 1925, 332 Main Street, which used to be a residential home to David L. Hill, became office space along with the adjoining space 334. From 1925-1934 Hoffman's Jewelry was housed there and in 1940, 332 Main became Betty Ann Beauty Shop and 334 Main was D. L. Hill paint and Wallpaper Store. Both stores became vacant in 1966 until Leonard's Shoe Repair moved into 334 Main in 1976. Today, 332 Main Street in downtown Latrobe is home to Jocelyn's Beauty Salon and the adjoining business at 334 Main Street is ComputerX.