Eastern’s campus has been home to higher education since the founding of Central University in 1874. This tiny university consisted of the University Building, Memorial Hall, the Miller Gymnasium and the Chancellor’s House. Memorial Hall and the Miller Gymnasium are gone, but the Chancellor’s House still stands, now known as the Blanton House. A historical plaque is located near the University Building, a special destination in and of itself as the oldest building on campus. It is a steady reminder of EKU’s own humble beginnings.