Festival Halle became part of the Reedville Fishermen’s Museum and the Greater Reedville Association in 2009 when it was donated by the Birkel family. The building was built in 1908 and served as the Reedville High School, and later a middle school, until the late 1960s
Reedville had a one room school house in 1907 which was located on the first floor of the Pthian Hall located on the present Masonic Temple still located at Main Street, Reedville, VA . There were 42 children enrolled and one teacher; which served all grades. Dr. L.E. Cockrell called a public meeting of citizens to discuss creating a high school in the Fairfields District.
Hudnall, Mary Blackwell. "Reedville High School 1908-1915." The Bulletin of the Northumberland County Historical Society, vol. IX, no. 1, 26-34. Published 1974.