The Hyde House was built between 1818 and 1829 from bricks made in Brandonville.
Front view from SR 26 (view from west to east)
Backstory and Context
The Hyde House, so named, served as a residence for the Jacob & Amanda Crane Hyde family for about 40 years. The original builder and owner are unknown because of the courthouse fire which erased those records. Mr. Hyde was a silversmith with a shop across the street.
Sisler, Janice Cale. 2018. Message text from Director of Hagans Store Foundation, Inc. P.O. Box 118, Bruceton Mills, Inc., email@example.com.