Clio Logo

The Blackmar-Ellis House was originally built as a Victorian home in 1884 for John Blackmar. It was redesigned by Henrietta Dozier in 1912 – she was the first female architect in Georgia and the first woman in the south to receive formal architectural training. President Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower stayed here visiting their son, Captain John D. Eisenhower, when he resided here during his assignment at Fort Benning.