This church was built in 1879 with local brick from a brickyard which was located on the north side of Main Street, in the dip just below the post office.
The stone used was from the quarry at Zeverly
(Pleasantdale). The cost was $9,571.67. This structure is a good example of the
Victorian Gothic style. The Methodist parsonage sits just west of the church and
was built in 1906 at a cost of $6,002.00, including landscaping and fence.