Hodges Business College
"Hodges Business College was erected in 1894 by Professor John Hodges. It is Davie County’s only surviving rural brick academy building. Hodges, a graduate of Duke and Yale Universities operated his school until the early 1900’s when he became the superintendent of county schools. The building, which is now privately owned, is located on Cherry Hill Road off Highway 601 South."