Originally known as the Georgia Hall, the white, colonial structure was built in 1932 by architect Henry Toombs and Franklin D. Roosevelt to serve as the first rehabilitation center for polio patients in the United States. During his 12 year tenure as president, FDR would frequently attend the annual Founders' Day Dinner at Thanksgiving in the dining hall of the Georgia Hall. Besides the administrative building and infirmary, across the street is also a chapel built by Toombs. In the courtyard of the main administrative building, the Polio Hall of Fame can be found, paying tribute to key figures in the fight against polio such as FDR and Dr. Jonas Salk. The facility is now known as the Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation and continues to treat patients from across the country.