The structure is actually two separate gabled buildings joined together with a common hallway, and visually integrated with false fronts. Originally only the west portion of the building existed and was home to the Lewis Case General Store. The eastern portion was originally a schoolhouse that stood nearby. In the late 1860’s the schoolhouse was moved and attached to the Lewis store. The false front was added to preserve visual integrity.