Edwin A. Jones was the son of John E. Jones who was most responsible for Jackson becoming the world's leading producer of silvery pig iron. At the time when Edwin A. Jones financed Camp Arrowhead, he was president of Globe Iron. Globe was established by Edwin's great-grandfather Thomas T. Jones who immigrated from Wales in 1834. Lake Katharine was only one of Edwin A. Jones's developmental efforts in Jackson. Jones, known locally as Eddie, also donated land that was once owned by Globe Iron to the city of Jackson after the foundry was destroyed by an explosion. The land that Edwin Jones donated became Eddie Johns Ball Field, a public baseball diamond, and Eddie Jones Park, a public recreational park.