The former general store and post office in New London was constructed by Willis Washington Driskill in 1897. The building was open for business as a general store until 1930. W.W. Driskill operated several businesses in the area including the Tucker Saloon in downtown Lynchburg and bar out of the house of a Mrs. Haas in New London. Evidence indicates that the lot on which the building now sits is the location of the Revolutionary era arsenal. The current owners have restored the building, retaining some of the original features, most notably a pair of ladders which attach to the ceiling along a track. The floorboards show wear patterns and ghost marks from counters and shelves that would have been present in the original store.