New London Methodist Church, North
The current New London African-American Methodist Episcopal Church is the third building erected on this lot. In 1851 Andrew Holt, an emancipated African-American, donated the small parcel of land for the construction of a church "for the special but not exclusive benefit of coloured people." This current structure was constructed in 1930 where it remained in use until 1990. In early 2017, it was acquired by the Friends of New London for restoration, a project that is currently underway.
Smith, Rachael. "Organization Begins Restoration Work on African-American Church in New London." The News and Advance. March 23, 2017.
Smith, Rachael. "Volunteers Work to Clean up Historic New London Cemetery for First Time." The News and Advance. February 1, 2020.
Talley, Amelia A. "Andrew Holt: Free Man of Color." Friends of New London Library, 2009.