The Pereira Octagon Barn is in the National Register of Historic Places. More information can be found at www.octagonbarn.org. The Barn was built in 1906 and was used in a dairy operation until the 1950s, when it was converted to a cow-calf operation. It's octagonal shape helped provide more interior space for the amount of materials used in construction. The barn was the primary facility on a property known as the Sante Fe Ranchita. The owners of the Barn included people from the locally prominent Italian Swiss and Azorean Portuguese groups.