An excellent example of the buildings comprising the early brick-faced commercial core of downtown Pullman, this three-story building is one of a handful of structures that emerged in the wake of the 1890 Pullman fire. Erected in 1892, it followed a new municipal ordinance requiring brick construction for all new downtown buildings. The detailed brickwork suggests pride in the late nineteenth century building of Pullman's downtown.
Sanborn Fire Insurance maps
indicate this was originally a two-story building, though historical images
indicate the building still retains its original exterior appearance and an
additional level was only added on the interior. This space was finished as a
furniture store and offices and evolved to offices with two dwellings in an
addition on the rear elevation.