The original house for the monastery tragically burnt down of the day it was being inaugurated and blessed. This left the small group of monks with no money, in debt, and with no shelter. Rather than despairing, the monks chose to build a larger stone church, separate from the living quarters. The monks were eventually able to purchase a new house as well as some more land and farming equipment. In 1946, the monks of Holy Trinity Monastery began building a grand, golden-cupolaed (onion domed) stone cathedral, helped greatly by donations from Professor Nikolai Nikolaevich Alexandrov, who later joined the monks himself. After this period, there were many famous Bishops who either called the monastery home, or frequented there as much as possible. This is still true up to the current day.
The monastery began printing books to support itself shortly before the construction of the current church, and continues to do so. This publishing house was responsible for printing many books in both English and Church Slavonic, which were scarcely available in the Russian diaspora before hand. However, the Jordanville monasteries claim to fame in the Orthodox world is Holy Trinity Seminary, which was the first ROCOR seminary of its kind. Prior to the opening of this school in 1948, priest of the Russian Church in Exile were given very little formation, and in very few and far away places, such as Wroclav, Poland. The small seminary had well over 200 graduates between the years of 1948 and 2007, and continues to grow.