Clio Logo

The Museum was started by author, collector, curator and mountain guide Harold Marion Dunning, who began collecting pioneer artifacts and stories as early as 1919. In 1992, A major expansion project, doubling the size of the Museum building, was completed, providing the current building with increased areas for programs, art and history exhibits and collections. The Loveland Museum/Gallery exhibits Loveland's history through several world class displays including Life on Main Street, Mariano Medina's Cabin, Great Western Sugar Factory, Colorado-Big Thompson Relief Map, Sweetheart City USA, the Proctor Alabaster Shop, the Loveland Fire Department and the Fireside Gallery


http://www.cityofloveland.org/index.aspx?page=117