Concord Museum and Cabarrus County Courthouse
Located in the Historic Cabarrus County Courthouse which was erected in 1876, the Concord Museum offers exhibits, programs, and a growing local history and genealogy library. The museum is operated by the Historic Cabarrus Association and the former courthouse offers a mixture of Greek Revival, Italianate and Second Empires styles. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Backstory and Context
The museum dates back to 1939 by local members of the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The local history organization Historic Cabarrus merged with the museum in 2007 and became Historic Cabarrus Association. The newly-created organization is working to record oral histories of community members and veterans and has also opened the adjacent Cabarrus County Veterans Museum.