In 1919, the year of South Charleston's incorporation, the new church received a clear deed for its property on D Street from the Baptist Temple and purchased still more land to expand the growing congregation's capacity. In only 3 years, the church had expanded rapidly, achieving a membership of 246 by 1922. It quickly became apparent that a permanent structure was needed to house the booming Baptist community, and work was soon begun.
Thus in 1925, the present structure was dedicated at the cost of $75,000 (over $1 million calculating for 2017 inflation). On February 7, 1943, then-Pastor H. Lloyd Parkinson, who had helped to lead the church out of debt from these land purchases and construction costs, publicly burned the mortgage which the congregation had finally paid off. The structure has since remained relatively unchanged, though the sanctuary interior was remodeled in the 1960s.